Share

Widgets

Thursday 16 May 2013

Getting ready for the journey...

Am I crazy? Have you heard of many people who take off on a container ship as a passenger?
I won't go into too many details about the how/why etc as I have written a post about it here for my other site LeavingCairo and have also undertaken a similar journey across the Atlantic Ocean in 2005.  You can read about them.

If you're interested in the practicalities, read on:

I've paid my balance to my agent, The Cruise People in London and now the requirements of what I'll need are coming through in drips and drabs.

For example, did you know it's necessary for all people on board a ship to have a yellow fever inoculation, otherwise the ship is not allowed to pass through the Suez Canal?  So yes, I am off to see where I can get one in my adopted country of Greece.

And some helpful, friendly advice from the company I'm travelling with:

"No swimwear to be worn in the dining area"
"Leisure activities....you can have a game with the crew..."
"...If a crew member's door is closed, it means they are sleeping so please do not disturb them.  But if it is open, upon knocking and invitation you may enter."

Oh dear!  What type of passengers have they had in the past?!

Image courtesy of http://nutritionalmuscletesting.com/index.php?p=2_43



How do I feel?  Just a tiiiiiiiny bit nervous.  And I'm also wondering if I should cover myself from head to toe when onboard?

Keep tuned for the next update.  Oh, and just while I remember; when I am actually on the ship (from the end of June), I won't have internet access, so updates will be sporadic.







*
 
Be sure to follow Bex on her Award winning site Leaving Cairo, Facebook and Twitter

No comments :